Saturday, January 14, 2012

Season 1, Prologue

It is time to blog! Or rather, resurrect my old blog. Merely hours ago, if you searched Gus Labayen, you'd find a pathetic blog from 2005 of my musings on Star Wars, snowshoeing, and driver's ed. One would probably think this guy is fairly boring. But no longer is this the case! Since I have never maintained a blog, I looked up the definition:

blog |bläg|
noun
a Web site on which an individual or group of users produces an ongoing narrative : Most of his work colleagues were unaware of his blog until recently.
verb ( blogged, blogging) [ intrans. ]
add new material to or regularly update a blog.
DERIVATIVES
blogger noun
ORIGIN a shortening of weblog .

Source: New Oxford American Dictionary

Weblog. That's odd. Blog. Not odd. Henceforth, this shall be my blog. I also started a tumblr, though it looks like a short-winded microblogging site that is not limited to 140 characters. With that in mind, I should introduce myself.

My name is Gus. I play piano and ride bikes. I am a connoisseur of sushi. I've lived in the Pacific Northwest for most of my life, with the first 5 years of my life in Missouri and a year in the Philippines, and a medley of China and Oregon, California, and Mexico spread throughout the timeline of my life. I am born of Philippine parents and hence Catholic by practice and faith. I have a brother six years my younger who is my best friend. I like to travel. If I could I would travel around the world by bicycle the rest of my life. While it is in line with my lifestyle I want to live, school, family and a career are anchors that hold me in my current life situation. More on this soon. Until next time.


No comments: